Bachelors of Arts, Psychology
Tammy’s university studies were focused on exploring the topic of problem solving and teaching others to be effective problem solvers. Her first degree, an Associates of Science in Education from Reinhardt University created a foundation for the integration of how one learns to problem solve and how to measure the quality of the solution.
After graduating Salutatorian at Reinhardt, Tammy was recruited by Suffolk University for their elite InterFuture program and was awarded several academic scholarships including an Archer Fellows Scholarship. She graduated with a Bachelors of Arts degree in Psychology after completing her senior year abroad – performing an independent study project in the Czech Republic, Zimbabwe, and the United States; comparing how values are transferred from one generation to another.
Her academic honors include:
- Dean’s List
- Trustees Scholarship
- Archer Fellows Scholarship
- SAFARI Scholarship
- President’s Incentive Grant
- Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
- National Honors Society
Extra Curricular Activities
For hands-on exposure to the learning and usage of problem solving skills, Tammy worked as a full-time nanny, during the academic year. She also clerked for a Massachusetts non-profit, The Right Question Institute, which advances a strategy for teaching all people to ask better questions and participate more effectively in decisions.
During the summer breaks, Tammy was an assistant coach for the Harvard Diving Team and worked for the National Parks Service Boston African American Historic Site as an Interpretive Ranger.
In addition to her work schedule, Tammy participated in other extra curricular activities:
- Phi Theta Kappa National Honors Society– Chapter Treasurer
- Annual Spring Day Organizing Committee
- 1996 Summer Olympics Team Hosting Search Committee
- Biology and Statistics Tutor
- Habitat For Humanity – Volunteer
- Make A Wish Foundation – Volunteer and Fund Raiser
- Cherokee Soccer Association – Under 6 Coach
- Recreational sports – hiking, tennis, volleyball, soccer, and diving