January 2018 – September 2019
- Designed, built, and launched Availity’s first e-commerce, direct-to-consumer digital product. Exceeded revenue projections by 450% and achieved order process of > 90 seconds. Collaborated and coordinated product delivery and support across 10 teams – on-site and remote. Product is disrupting the healthcare data clearinghouse market.
- Led fast-paced delivery of 4 ground-up products in 18 months; stirred cross-functional teams including UX and technical talent using Agile Scrum for on-time, in-scope delivery. These products are built around the customer’s needs, grow bottom-line revenue, and scale. Some automate manual processes and streamline complex workflows while others replace outdated technology and improve the user’s experience.
- Created new marketing strategy – “The Availity Advantage” – to introduce new and existing customers on the advantage of using Availity for communicating across the healthcare ecosystem: increasing adoption rates, eliminating call center costs, and growing customer base.
- Built high-performing Agile Scrum team executing technical, functional, and operational innovations. Created strong business relationships throughout the organization.
September 2013 – April 2017
- Built and led high performance teams, using Agile & Scrum SDLC; working both tactically as a day-to-day manager, and strategically as thought leader – planning long-term for both product and team advancement and success.
- Solved unique operational challenges of industry-leading healthcare provider experiencing exponential growth – 1M doctor visits in 14 months. Reduced costs, accelerated over 35M transactions, and eliminated errors without slowing or impeding growth using lean enterprise principles and techniques.
- Delivered continuous improvements as Scrum Product Owner using innovation, human-centered design, rapid prototyping, user feedback, analysis, and collaboration. Improvements included automating over 80 manual transactions, saving $2M, and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Developed strategic product roadmaps and provided guidance and progress to executive leadership.
- Led UX and technical teams in an award-winning (One Show Gold Pencil & OMMA) mobile application which transformed the healthcare industry – leading 4 concurrent Agile teams and release plan. The app sky-rocketed sales, increased customer engagement by >400%, decreased abandonment, and was instrumental in IPO raising $157M.
- Wholly re-thought and re-designed the healthcare provider mobile and web applications; delivering a highly secure, state-of-the-art telemedicine platform facilitating efficient and accurate completion of telemedicine visits.
- Targeted UI, UX, and workflows – increasing user engagement and satisfaction. Using human-centered design principles, delivered industry-leading in-app experience.
- Raised revenue by reversing registration abandonment and speeding credit card transactions – combining native device features, third-party tools, and human-centered design.
- Drove cultural shift to create a mobile-first organization, transitioning from web- and browser-based culture. Championed REST web services and API infrastructure to support app changes without app store updates, eliminating most app store approval delays.
- Led both on- and off-shore development and QA teams, managing three simultaneous application development life-cycles and roadmaps. Gathered, communicated and coordinated cross-functional requirements, secured stakeholder buy-in, and provided data-driven status reports including graphs and charts.
Consult A Doctor
Miami Beach, FL
April 2011 – September 2013
- Designed and managed the first in industry, ground-up, native mobile application to connect patients and doctors with a single tap.
- Managed projects from concept to completion, on-time and on-budget, and managed multi-sourced development teams in four countries, using Agile or waterfall SDLC, depending on project and client needs.
- Instrumental in successful start-up acquisition by Teladoc – demonstrated native mobile apps can engage users and speed the sales cycle.
- Transformed BI reports to provide visual, actionable information for clients and executives.
- Coordinated high-profile and high-risk client integrations including needs analysis, functional and technical specifications, and project management.
Entrepreneur – Business Consultant
Real Estate – own and manage residential real estate
- Led transformation initiatives to modernize technology, communications, social media, marketing, business processes, customer engagement, and more; servicing organizations wanting to grow, scale, and adapt.
- Provided leadership, strategy, and analysis. Developed business case and ROI, including communication to executive team. Set priorities and built roadmaps while coaching, training, and mentoring others in best-in-class project and product management.
- Developed reputation for excellence and integrity through customer-centered business model.
November 1998 – April 2003
- Created the first GE IT Audit Staff to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley. Designed the strategy, process, staffing and training requirements to build and scale the IT auditing organization for all GE businesses, worldwide.
- Utilized Six Sigma methods and tools, project management, and auditing best practices to create a financial technology systems audit process.
- Drove cultural change across finance and information technology communities to controls-based thinking and behaviors.
- Identified auditor skill set required to successfully complete audits and developed training material for new auditors.
- Information Technology Six Sigma Black Belt, managing, training, and coaching teams in the Six Sigma methodology and tools.
- Managed the quality of IT systems for six IT groups providing cross functional mentoring for over 25 apprentices.
- Reduced the cost of managing and servicing applications by 10% per year.
- Designed and executed the Quality training strategy and materials, driving cultural change – data-driven, proactive, and customer focused.
- Deployed a workflow application to manage and monitor projects throughout 250+ person organization with over 540 active projects.
- Managed staff of 24 for 24 x 7 internal & external IT help desk for hardware, software, and infrastructure, serving over 24,000 customers.
- Increased customer satisfaction by 215%, saving $1.8 MM, through process re-engineering, setting and maintaining KPIs, and knowledge distribution.
- Saved over $3.5MM by implementing self-service password management; reduced call volume by 30%, increased security and user satisfaction.